Friday, September 5, 2008

Reflection and Praise

Lately, God has really been working in different areas of my life. I wanted to share this from a recent devotion-
THERE IS NOTHING- no circumstance, no trouble, no testing that can ever touch me until first of all it has gone past God and past Christ, right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with A GREAT PURPOSE, which I may not understand at the moment. But as I REFUSE to become panicky, I LIFT UP MY EYES TO HIM; AND ACCEPT IT as coming from the throne of God for some great purpose of blessing to my own heart. No sorrow will ever disturb me, no trial will ever disarm me, and no circumstance will cause me to fret FOR I SHALL REST IN THE JOY OF WHAT MY LORD IS--That is the "rest of Victory."

1 comments:

Charity said...

jodie--this is so good and really spoke to me at this time. MK has her days/nights flipped and it's really been a tough two weeks. Thanks for the encouraging note.