

With Rylie's party and football, we really didn't have time to celebrate Bear's birthday last Saturday.
So, this weekend we left Rylie with Nana and Papa Shupe and we went to the OSU game. We had a great time (and so did Rylie Bug). We went a little early to do some shopping and then we went to Joe's and hung out before the game.
At one point I remember looking at Bear and thinking how much I love him. I love him for so many reasons but something seems to happen when you have a child. I always knew Barrett would be a great dad. I knew he would be patient and kind and steadfast because that is how Bear is about everything. But to actually see Barrett with his daughter makes my heart explode.
I know I have mentioned this before, but Coaching and football season take up a lot of time. I never really understood this until Bear got his first head coaching job. He works long hours, he has to deal with a lot of things, and he has to be a Godly influence to 45 high school kids.
I know Bear is tired when he gets home. I know he has things on his mind. But you know what the first thing he does is? He asks me about my day and then gets in the floor and plays with Rylie. He asks about her day. He asks what she ate for lunch and if she played outside. He never shows Rylie that he is tired. A lot of times he doesn't even eat supper until she goes to bed because he wants to spend extra time with her.
Bear and I have been together for 7 years. We know each other inside and out. I realized this weekend that I love Bear more now than ever. I love our life together. I am so proud of him.
Bear you are a great husband, an amazing daddy and one heck of a football coach! Rylie and I are so proud of you!
Happy Birthday Sweetie I am so glad I get to grow old with you!
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Barrett
Posted by The Shupe's at 11/15/2009 07:01:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Happy Birthday, Barrett! Jake was at church today going through confirmation class and had to write who has influenced him in his life. Guess who he put? Barrett! Pretty awesome huh! Congrats on making the playoffs this year. I know how hard you work. Give Rylie a big hug for me!
so sweet.
Hi Jodie! I saw your message on the Griffis blog and wanted to say hello! I have thought about you over the years and wondered how you and your little family were. Your daughter is adorable! Nicki Flatley
Post a Comment