Saturday, June 19, 2010

Anniversary Trip

Last weekend Barrett arranged for my mom and dad to come watch Rylie so we could go enjoy some time alone together. As Bear was explaining the trip, he brought up the fact that in 19 months I have not been away from Rylie. I had never really thought about it like that because I truly love every second with her. You know how people have jobs they love so much it feels like it's not even really a job? That's how I feel with Rylie. However, I do recognize the importance of time alone...away. We had so much fun! Rylie had a blast as well!

Bear had most of the trip planned. He found this neat area of Wichita called "The Waterfront." It had shopping and restaurants. At night the lights were all on and the fountain was beautiful.




The first night we went to dinner at Abuelo's. After we ate, we went to Target.

We then headed out for a few drinks and called it a night.
The next day we slept in....I did wake up at 7:45 (Rylie's usual time) but then realized I could roll over and go back to sleep! Sleeping in was great!

We went shopping for awhile together in the morning. Bear was so sweet to give me time to look. He did have 1 rule. Nothing for Rylie! He really encouraged me to look for me.

We went to a few sports stores to get me some race day gear (more to come on this!).

For lunch we grabbed Jimmy John's and headed back to the hotel. We took a nap together. When we woke up, Bear went to see Robin Hood and I went to look for a dress to wear for our date that night.

I did think about Rylie a lot. I missed my little side kick but I knew she was in great hands. To be honest, I didn't really miss her shopping! Shopping with a 19 month old is not the easiest thing to do! I did find a dress and a gift for Bear.
We ate at PF Chang's that night. We ate a late dinner and then sat at the river front and talked. We headed back to the hotel and slept in again the next morning.
It was so nice being alone with Bear. I could give him my full attention. I could listen to him without multi tasking.
I love Bear with all my heart. He is a great dad and a great husband. I am so thankful we got to spend this time together.
Of course we were both ready to see Rylie on Sunday. When we got home she was asleep on Papa. Honey reported they had a great weekend. While we were gone Honey taught Rylie how to read!


When it was time for them to go home, Rylie did have a mini melt down!

1 comments:

Charity said...

Sounds like a relaxing trip! We could use one of those! Sounds like you're having a great summer.