Last week was our first week of summer! We took a trip to Honey and Papa Tom's house. Friday, Rylie and I hit up the park and pool. She definitely loved the pool. Here are some pictures of the park.






My favorite part of the trip was when Honey taught Rylie how to say I Love You. She will now say it back to us and it melts my heart! She will also randomly say it and then smile and reach out for a big hug! I love it. I'll try to get a video of that up soon.


Friday night we drove to Ardmore to watch Cousin Jon graduate. This was the first time Rylie has really been out in the heat for any period of time. We had been there maybe 10 minutes and I could see little beads of sweat on her nose. She looked at me with a really serious face and said "Dress off momma! Hot!" I had to explain to her that mommy was hot too but taking our dresses off was not an option! Needless to say we had to excuse ourselves for a bit to go play in the grass. We did make it back to our seats to see Jon walk across the stage.
Saturday we drove back over to Ardmore for a BBQ. Rylie liked seeing everyone and snagging cheese balls off the food table. She did not like it when Honey held another baby. I heard her across the room saying, "Honey no down!"
Sunday we went back to the park. We ate a picnic then played in the park.




My favorite part of the trip was when Honey taught Rylie how to say I Love You. She will now say it back to us and it melts my heart! She will also randomly say it and then smile and reach out for a big hug! I love it. I'll try to get a video of that up soon.
Friday of last week we met Nana and Papa Shupe at the Wichita Zoo. I am so sad we both forgot our cameras. Rylie did love it. She rode in her red wagon and seemed to really look at the animals.
While we were at Honey house, Bear was busy busy. He and his buddies (and Uncle Brett) built us a deck! We love it! When Bear told me his plans I had no idea it was going to be so great. I will have to post pictures of the deck in my next post.
I think that wraps up our first week of summer....We have lots of fun to look forward to like seeing the Kenley's, Mommy running a race, and our Shupe family vacation!



0 comments:
Post a Comment