Monday, September 27, 2010

When did I become hooked?

The past month has been so busy. With school and football we are always on the go somewhere. I do love football season and I am so proud of Bear and his boys. We are 4-0! The second week of the season we beat our rival...which had not been done in 15 years. This is all to God's Glory!

Somewhere along the way since June I have become addicted to running...and it's crazy! I really enjoy it. We have a group of moms that run four nights a week. We have been running between 3 and 4 miles a night. I have never in my life been a runner...but I truly love it. Sometimes I pray for my family or the team while I run and other times I just get lost in the music on my ipod.
Last weekend we ran in a Race for the Cure. This means a lot to me because my mother in law is battling breast cancer right now. As we ran in the sea of pink I became very emotional. The fight to push through sore legs or a long day at work is nothing compared to a fight for your life. We have watched Nana Shupe bravely battle this monster with such grace and dignity. I thought a lot about her as we ran.

This is after the race. We finished in 27 minutes and 54 seconds.

Rylie Bug is growing and changing everyday. She is so funny. She talks so much! Here is a recent pic of her at the Orr Family Farm when we went with Honey and Papa Tom.

0 comments: